Friday, July 19, 2013

Project Wedding: A Country Flower Girl

Hello again from my Project Wedding series, where I've brought you highlights and DIY tips from my sister-in-law Carla's rustic, country wedding. Today I'm bringing you some of the tips we used when selecting just the right ensemble for my mini-me, who starred as the flower girl in her Aunt Carla's wedding. 

 


My little mini-me was the cutest thing at Carla and David's wedding. She looked adorable in her lacy dress and cowgirl boots. We looked around everywhere for a dress that would fit the theme of the wedding with no luck. Every store had more traditional flower girl dresses that were way too expensive.

         

When I can, I would much rather make something than buy it. Unfortunately, I have no decent sewing skills whatsoever, to the point that sewing machines turn and run from me when I look at them. It would be nice to have a homemade dress since we could not find one, but I was definitely not the person to do that.

So, we turned to Etsy - probably my second favorite go-to site after Pinterest. We found a very cute and reasonably priced dress with accessories at PoshPeanutKids that were all homemade and perfect for a rustic themed wedding.

Ivory Lace Flower Girl Dress from PoshPeanutKids $50.00

Flower Headband with Pearl Embellishment from PoshPeanutKids $18.00 (shown in beige and peach)

She even threw in a few extra flowers for us to use on the flower girl's basket. I paid $0.37 for the basket at a thrift store. I got an unfinished wooden heart from Hobby Lobby for $0.25. I painted a C+D on it with a brown paint marker and then lightly brushed brown paint over it to give it a rustic look. After drilling a hole into the corner of the heart, I attached it to the basket with ribbon and hot glued the flowers onto the basket. 



The best part was that my little mini-me loved her whole flower girl ensemble. She just loved her cowgirl boots, which were actually my younger brother's boots when he was a kid (he's 25 now). She loved her frilly dress and the fact that she got to carry a basket. 

Here are a few more pictures of mini-me as her Aunt Carla's flower girl.  



 




Thanks for joining me for my Project Wedding series. Over the next few weeks I'll be highlighting cakes and candy buffets, so stay tuned! Click below to see other projects from Carla and David's wedding.

1. Carla + David, A Rustic, Country Wedding
2. Invitations and Programs
3. DIY Rustic Wedding Signs
4. The Decor
5. A Country Flower Girl
6. The Cakes
7. A House Divided Candy Bar - Alabama v. Auburn
















Pin It



                      





6 comments :

  1. So clever, sweet and charming. Points to you for being resourceful and having a beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, so sweet! Pinned to my country wedding board! I just love little boots! I posted anchor dress to Mod Vintage Life. Swing by:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This country flower girl is the most beautiful I've seen!!! I love her dress and boots, lol! Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest flower girl outfit ever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful wedding and a very sweet flower girl! What a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable and precious! You did a great job! It makes me want my daughters to get married all over again.

    ReplyDelete