Sunday, September 2, 2012

Are You Ready for some Football? Gameday Party



Football season is finally here! I’m pretty much a girly girl when it comes to most things, but I’m one of the guys when football season rolls around. And, I absolutely love watching the Alabama Crimson Tide play.
While I’ve been super excited about the upcoming football season, I wasn’t so thrilled when the hubby decided to invite everyone and their mama over on Saturday to watch the Bama game. I was busy this week planning and hosting a baby shower for a coworker only to turn around and prepare my house for a crowd full of people. I’m one of those people who only does a deep cleaning on my house if company is coming, so I had a lot to do. Needless to say, I was a busy little bee this week.

It was a headache to get ready for, but the party Saturday night was a blast. It was exciting being among friends and watching Alabama put a whooping on Michigan. Hubby even set our bedroom TV up outside and ran cable to it so we could have the Bama game on one TV and the Auburn game on another. Here are a few highlights of what I prepared for the party.
Of course there was a lot of grilling going on – chicken, ribs, burgers, and more. What is it about guys and meat? None of the carnivores cared to bring side dishes, so I had a lot of cooking to do. One of my better creations, if I do say so myself, were the “slutty brownies” I made. A layer of cookie dough, a layer of oreos, and a layer of brownie batter - deliciously sinful and yummy! I found the recipe on Pinterest, which you can see HERE at Once Upon A Chocolate Life.




Another very exciting part of decorating for the party was the houndstooth duck tape I found at Michael’s. It’s crazy that I got so giddy over duck tape, but this was houndstooth! Alabama fans have a certain predilection for houndstooth. I used the duck tape to liven up the red solo cups and the jar of salsa. I also painted a plain old cup brown with white football laces to hold the plastic silverware.

I also decorated our front door with an Alabama football I made from some brown burlap. It’s not my best work. The football is a little crooked and flimsy, but I plan to try to make another one, hopefully a little better next time.
All in all, the party was a success, and I’m so excited that football season is finally here! Roll Tide!






Linking Up With:



                       





Pin It

5 comments :

  1. Very cute! No doubt you all had a great time:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! I especially love the burlap football! Would love if you'd link up to our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Happy Labor Day!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_03_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea :)

    I would like to let you know about a new Craft Party,

    I would love to see your creations linked up with Crafty Tuesday

    Every week I will choose few tutorials and they will be featured on my blog and my facebook, twitter and pinterest page

    I hope to see you link up

    http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Love the brownies...they look soooo good! Thank you for sharing at our
    Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete